Friday, February 15, 2013

What would be ENOUGH???







We met a retired real estate agent who stopped me each an every time (sometimes I really try hard to run away from her!) that the NEW owners of the Bed & Breakfast are making money "hand over fist".  Well, I am happy for them, most honestly I am.  I did the best I could, failed, and moved on to something else.

Nando asks sometimes "Do you want to start another B&B?"  "No way!" I reply.  It wasn't that I didn't love 99.9% of the clients (I did!) but there were the ones who just could not be pleased no matter what.  A very drunk couple decided to make love in the shower but didn't want the WATER to bother them, so.....they turned the shower faucet to the FLOOR - "tick, tick, tick" the water began to leak downstairs.  We had a horrible leak and ended up pounding on their door (which we hate to do).  Our handyman said "I'll fix that! - I'll make it so they can't turn it to the floor" - but what happened???  We got complaints that the ladies' hairdo was all messed up THANKS to our shower....it COULD move - it just couldn't move to the floor.

And then there was the nasty lady who left her dirty sanitary napkins IN the bed - too lazy to use the trash.  AND the spoiled brat who because he didn't get to change the dates to his wishes (we were sold out the night he wanted to switch to) used our towels to CLEAN his muddy, dirty shoes. 

I hear the current place has flat-screen TV's in each room (some smaller than others) - but is it EVER enough??  We used to get people who ate out and wanted to keep their food in our fridge - NO PROBLEM.....but then they complained because the room didn't have a microwave to reheat the food. 

No, I don't miss the ones who could never be pleased.  The ones we LOVED - are STILL friends with us and we still love them.

I have no hard feelings; I've moved on to a different life with more time for my husband and daughter.  She and I play "What's the Word" games daily and we have also "downsized" our house to represent more of what WE want to keep, not what others want us to keep.

Life goes on, yes it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment