Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Of all the diseases.....Alzheimer's.....

Of all the horrible diseases there ARE out there, my own opinion is that Alzheimer's is the worst. I hate it because it ROBS the individual of their dignity. My friend was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 4 years ago. Indeed it did get worse. What was so sad was that she loved to pass the time READING books...a few months after the diagnosis she could no longer read - letters just jumbled on the page. She forgot what her only grand-daughter was named and forgot whether or not her family had visited at Christmas. Before she left the state (her son and daughter-in-law had to put her in a nursing home closer to where they live) - they held a "farewell party" for her at her church - alas, she didn't recognize anyone (in spite of having attended that church for over 25 years). She is still RELATIVELY young in age and it disgusts me that no cure has been invented for this disease. She was once a teacher - now, she cannot remember her own name at times; this is way too sad. Anyway, dear friend (and God knows whom I pray for) - I keep you in my ever nightly prayers. I miss the "real you" SO, SO much!!! We used to chat for hours on every topic under the sun. At this time, I just pray that God leaves you some dignity as your grow older and as the disease so rapidly eats you up. Bless you, dear friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment