Saturday, January 22, 2011

Favourite Film Quotes.....

FLOWER DRUM SONG:

As Mei Lee and her father begin to entertain a crowd in San Francisco's Chinatown with "Flower Drum Songs" as a means to earn some money:

Mei Lee says to the crowd:
"If the song is good, give me a little applause when I am through"

She adds (in a softer, supplicating voice):
"if the song is bad, give me applause too...."
___________________________________________________________________________________

OUT OF AFRICA:

As Denys is leaving following a visit to Karen Blixen with friend Berkeley Cole....the previous evening incuded dinner and Karen entralled her guests by telling and enchanting, impromptu, invented story...

Karen to Denys:  "Did you save my life?" (referring to a prior day when Karen had a close encounter with a lioness)

Denys: "No, the lioness did that; she walked away".

Karen: "So, I'm not indebted to you then?"

Denys: "Ah, but I am.  We PAY our story tellers here".  He fumbles in his jacket then hands her a fountain pen.

Karen: "But my stories are free and your present is much too dear".

Denya: "Write them down sometimes".
________________________________________________________________________________

LEAP YEAR (2010)

I'd have to quote the ENTIRE film - it's bound to become a classic!!  But there is one quote from an Irish bride in that film that would be beautiful at any wedding:

  Bride: May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you. Cheers!

______________________________________________________________________________

SHADOWLANDS:


Harry: Christopher can scoff, Jack, but I know how hard you've been praying; and now God is answering your prayers.
C. S. Lewis: That's not why I pray, Harry. I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment