Saturday, June 4, 2011

HOW we Die or When we die??

WHEN we die is decided by God Almighty - we could "go" at age 12 or at age 102 - that is up to the Almighty to determine.  HOW we die is also up to the Almighty, but I have been noticing deaths (please, I'm not obsessed with this) lately - there are no patterns.  Some die at a very young age (62 is young, to me!) from Alzheimer's.  Some die in their 70's from heart disease.  Some are over 100 with all their faculties and just "expire".  JUST as certainly as we were BORN into this world, we must also leave it.  There is NO amount of "advance planning" or "let's just make one more last trip around the world" remedy to this.  When it is TIME, it is TIME.

I've heard of such strange deaths - such as deer (not hit by the car itself, yet hit by another car) that came HURLING thru a window to kill an individual.  I've seen leukemia that was CURABLE take away a 19-yr. old in his prime.  I've seen those I thought must probably be already be dead linger on and on and on.  And I've seen some of the GREATS just "disappear".  Picks Disease or Alzheimer's robs one of one's dignity.  Now I thoroughly wonder if dear ones are trying to postpone the Alzheimer's by traveling it "away"? 

Personally, I work jigsaw puzzles AND work needlepoint - both have been proven to keep the DEVIL (Alzheimer's!) at bay.  In 1998 I had a super heart attack and I tell you that it would have been SO EASY to "let go" and be with God.  I stayed because my Nando needed me and (not even knowing then!) so would a daughter adopted in 2005. 

Death comes as God wills, so we don't really have any control over that.  All I can say is that we should always be PREPARED to die (i.e., ready to meet our Lord because we have given up all our vices and have turned our lives over to Him). 

DEATH is not something we can ever avoid - it will come to each and every one of us.        

No comments:

Post a Comment