Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shhhhhh!!! Best Kept Secret in the World....

My husband and daughter were already thinking about vacations for 2012~~!!!  They wanted someplace NEW, TROPICAL and wanted to "swim with the dolphins".  More or less, they were pointing towards the island of Maui in Hawaii, and although I have nothing against Maui (have been there and liked it) the airfares from where we are in the Northeast to Maui were ridiculous......$1,100. each JUST for the airfare, then there would be the hotel, meals, car rental, etc.

As always, I say "I'll sleep on it".....and in this case it was true.  I slept and had a vivid and colourful dream about a place that was semi-tropical (tropical enough to grow pineapples) but with rural houses and red tiled rooves.....the doors, I distinctly remember, were bright YELLOWS, REDS, GREENS.  In the dream I knew it wasn't Greece because it had far more vegetation and waterfalls, even a tea plantation.  I saw beautiful hydrangeas everywhere. 

Normally, when I dream, it just ends abruptly.....but when I woke up from this dream the word "Azores" came over my tongue.  That morning I looked up the Azores (Islands) and everything was just as I dreamt the night before.  Moreover, there were "Swim With the Dolphins" programmes and "Whale Watching" programmes.

It FELT that it was calling to us.  The airfares were reasonable and one could stay in a very nice rural manor for very little money.  The FOOD looked super-delicious, and there was even a "tea plantation" on the northern coast of the island.  We found there were all sorts of tours to Azores from UK, but it was still a well-guarded "secret" for Americans and Canadians (although there are direct flights from USA and Toronto to Ponta Delgada).

      

No comments:

Post a Comment