Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the "Switzerland of".......

We are about to visit a small town in Pennsylvania, USA known as "the Switzerland of the Americas".  It got me thinking.....as this is not the FIRST time I've heard that phrase.  And some refer to Shimla, India as "the Switzerland of India".  Some refer to the up-country of Costa Rica as "the Switzerland of Central America" and Bariloche, Argentina is known as "the Switzerland of South America".  Even in Sri Lanka...the hill-station town of Nuwara Eliya is often called "little England" (which is more appropriate) but I've even heard people call it "little Switzerland".

Now then....you know what I'm going to ask, right?  In the beautiful country of Switzerland.....I wonder if they have towns that are "the America of Switzerland", or "the India of Switzerland", "the Argentina of Switzerland", etc.  I'm just being a pest.

Although - in Toronto there is "Little India" (about 8 blocks of Indian and Sri Lankan stores) and that's one of our favourite places to shop and eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment