Friday, June 8, 2012

Being pulled at both ends....

Due to this economy my hours at my first job were shortened by 10 hours per paycheck.  Doesn't sound like a lot, but it is a lot monetarily.  I took a 2nd job and all sorts of things began to happen within our household.  Firstly, our daughter had problems that neither of us could "fix".  Secondly, our sweet doggie, Billy, developed diabetes.

I've read that canine diabetes is a result of the breed and nothing more, but I SWEAR that Billy's diabetes started when I began to leave him more and more time alone at home.  I am at a dilemma as to what to do...not for Billy - there is insulin to solve his daily problems.  Our daughter also began to develop many more problems and insecurities.

In job ONE I have a lot of responsibility but a good boss and good benefits (even a 401-K that chips in a lot).  In job TWO - I loathe the majority of calls (debt collection is never "easy") but I adore all the ladies who work with me.  They inspire me and have befriended me and vice versa.  TOUGH decision, especially since after a MASSIVE heart attack in 1998 I decided to "retire" in 2003 and NEVER work for another person again.

Lord, if it is my will to work until I die, then I guess that is Your will.  I have nothing more to add, Lord.  We keep looking for a "multi-family" house where we can live in one part and rent out the other.  At least I would be able to quit the job (2nd one) that causes me most stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment