Sunday, September 25, 2011

Reason, Season or Lifetime....

There is a very wise old saying that "friends" come into your life for one of three purposes - for a "reason" (perhaps to teach you something then they're on their way, having taught you what God intended them to teach).  A "season" - this means you can have a friend to support you through thick or thin....but they may move away or have a disease like cancer or Alzheimer's that takes them away.  And there is then the "lifetime" category.  Let me tell you that very, very few can fit into that category....mostly, it would be your spouse or child/children.

I think of my dear friend, Elaine, who at 89 yrs. of age taught me how to use a sewing machine...God bless her!!!  She was so patient, so kind with me....would be the first to say "that's OK" when I made an error.  Alas, she is gone now - and I miss her a lot, but I will NEVER forget what she taught me.

Recently, I was asked by one of my "lifetime friends" how to make "seitan" - i.e., a Japanese word for "fake meat" from WHEAT GLUTEN.  I will be posting that recipe soon for anyone who wishes.

Cheerio!  Have a good night all,
CD

   

No comments:

Post a Comment