Monday, August 22, 2011

Silence of Love......

A friend sent me this 3-minute video link called "Silence of Love" - it's in Thai with English subtitles.  She warned me she had cried and cried as she watched it.  I cried and cried too, and I think many of you will cry too, as it touches a part of our heart where both love and pain live.  What it "says" is what is of REAL importance in life and what isn't.  There is nothing greater than a father's or mother's love....and if we look for that love to be "perfect".....we've missed the whole point.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX6H6YY1M

There's a "P.S." to this post.  My husband (who cried his eyes out but later said "macho men don't cry") is pragmatic and said a part of the video didn't make sense.....how could a deaf person "hear" a loud noise in the bathroom.  But I've asked a friend of mine who is deaf (I find it odd to use the phrase "hearing impaired" because she is completely deaf, whereas "hearing impaired" could mean 40-50% loss of hearing).  She said "we may not be able to hear, but any thud or noise reverberates and we are most aware of it....for instance, a slamming door".

No comments:

Post a Comment