Friday, May 27, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love.....

Well, at first, I thought the film "Eat, Pray, Love" was going to be an egotistical journey of a "lonely, bored" (and obviously well-to-do) woman around the world to "find herself".  However, we enjoyed it.  Our daughter had recommended it because a friend of hers had recommended it to her, so we watched it as a family.

I have to tell you that I think Julia Roberts is a great actress; I like her and she is a natural beauty with natural acting talent.  Also, when our family learned she is a practicing Hindu, we all said "ahhhhh!".

But because of a previous bias (that I would not like the film) - I "forced myself to watch it".  I loved it, and although some might call it a "chick flick" - my husband liked it too!  It was comedic in many scenes.....while in Italy the Italian landlady shows Julia how to fill up a bathtub with a tea kettle of hot water.  Surprised (at how little water there is) Julia looks up in the Italian book "it doesn't look like enough water".  The landlady replies (without flinching) "it's ENOUGH-a to wash-a all the important stuff".  The same landlady tells Julia "oh, and NO MEN visiting!  These American women come to Italy for two things - pasta and....sausage!"

There were some fabulous songs: Neil Young's "Harvest Moon", and a few Brazilian songs such as "Samba De Bencáo" and many others that took one to another place and time.

Although she starts off on this "journey to find herself" - she ends up helping "tutti" (all) along the way.  I won't spoil it for you, but you might enjoy this film more than expected (we did!).

Plus, the scenery of Tuscany, India and Bali make it all splendid.  Watch it and let me know what you thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment