Saturday, May 7, 2011

HAPPY AUNTY'S DAY.....

Sometimes, being an Aunty or Uncle is even more fun than being a Mum or Dad.  We had a neighbour's girl (I'll call her Lisa) who used to spend more time at our house than her own.  Her parents were hard workers who worked 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. (they owned a gas station).  I didn't have to be Lisa's Mum - she already has one, but I could be her "Aunty".  She and her cousin and my daughter used to argue over who got to do my hairdo.  "I want to fix Aunty's hair!" "She's MY MUM....I want to do her hair!"  But I think Lisa WON hands down when she presented me with a hairdressing book she's made by herself.  Lisa was about 7 years old then.  "Look, Aunty - I made this book for you.  You can pick ANY style in the book and I can do that style for you!"  I am sharing her book with you because it's SWEET and from the heart

  

No comments:

Post a Comment