Friday, May 27, 2011

Possibly the most romantic song in the world?

I love Brazilian singer Gal Costa.  She is a marvel.  My favourite song is "Eternamente" (Eternally).  Here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijb0W8H3no

But truly to appreciate, you need the lyrics too; they are far more significant and beautiful in original Portuguese, but I've provided English  as well.  It's the kind of love song one can imagine dancing SLOWLY, ever so SLOWLY on a dance floor with one's true soulmate in complete TRUST and utter love:

THIS soulmate to whom you sing this song is not just the one who is with you for the pleasure of an evening, but the one who loves you so much he will clean up after you when you are sick and say reassuringly: "It's OK".  It's the soulmate who will hold your hand unexpectedly after many years of marriage and say "I LOVE you!".  It's the soulmate who will hold you up with incredible strength when your Mum dies or a sister is stricken by cancer.  I think in this lifetime one may only (if lucky enough) have an opportunity to meet ONE such soulmate, and to HIM or HER you sing or play (if you can't sing!) this song. I dedicate this one to my husband and soulmate, Nando.

Só mesmo o tempo pode revelar
O lado oculto das paixões
O que se foi e o que não passará
Inesquecíveis sensações
Que sempre vão ficar
Pra nos fazer lembrar
Dos sonhos, beijos
Tantos momentos bons
Só mesmo o tempo vai poder provar
A eternidade das canções
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
A nossa música está no ar
Emocionando os corações
Pois tudo que é amor
Parece com você
Pense, lembre
Nunca vou te esquecer
Vou ter sempre você comigo
Nosso amor eu canto e cantarei
Você é tudo o que eu amei na vida
Nunca vou te esquecer

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:
Only time itself can reveal
The hidden side of the passions
What was and what will not
Unforgettable sensations
That will always be
To remind us
Dream kisses
So many good times
Only time will even be able to prove

Our music is in the air
Thrilling the hearts
For all that is love
Looks like you
Think, remember
I'll never forget
I'll always have you with me
Our love I sing and sing
You're everything I love in life
I’ll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment