Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I just can't seem to find anything.....

We moved from one house to another (larger to smaller) in December 2008.  I was exceptionally sick at the time and could not even help pack, move or unpack.....for a while I thought I would have to be "carried in my bed" as Frida Kahlo was towards the end.

It's been 2-1/4 years and I still don't know where things are.  To say I miss the "nooks and crannies" of the old house is understatement of the year.  I just don't seem to be able to track things down, no matter how I try to "downsize" and organize.  It doesn't help that my husband AND daughter each claimed TWO dressers and 2 - 1/2 closets for themselves and left me with a 3-drawer dresser from which I can "select" my work clothes....i.e., the clothes I have to wear in order to work and help support this family.

Strange thought, but this house, although a very nice one, just doesn't feel like MY house.  I have to ask everyone else to help me search for things.  Because of this, I've lost all interest in sewing or crafts - if I have to spend half the time LOOKING for the items, I don't have the time to actually work on the crafts. 

For now - I go to work, come home, SLEEP and prepare for the next work day.  Have lost interest in things I used to love....not sure if it's the HOUSE or because I can't get over this bronchitis that has lasted since February 26th.  People ask "are you on an anti-biotic"?  Am I?????  I've been put on 3 different ones hoping one would have a good effect on me.  I have to go on a "nebulizer" 3-4 times a day in order to breathe at all.  I use a "neti pot", nasal spray.  Some  have suggested this is more an allergy than sinusitis/bronchitis....but with 3 cats and a dog - what choice do I have?

Every day that passes, I feel that I lose more and more control over myself and this house.  One would think that after 7 garage sales I wouldn't have that much to look for.....but it's not the case.  And....one would think that in a SMALLER house it would be 10 times easier to find things than in a larger house; not so.

No comments:

Post a Comment