Monday, April 18, 2011

Once AGAIN - COCONUT OIL to the rescue!!

We've had a really rough winter up north.  Even though Spring is trying to appear, the change of climate had a terrible effect on our lips.....CHAPPED so badly that NOTHING would help.  "Lip Medex" USED to work but we all were walking around like zombies with chapped lips (skin hanging from lips - NOT a pretty sight, I assure you!!).  We tried Vasoline; we tried cold creams, Chapstick.....still we were left with horribly chapped lips.

OK - what does an "old Lanka girl" think to do??  (not that I ever had chapped lips in Sri Lanka due to the humidity).......first thing that comes to mind is "Coconut Oil".

Well - HERE I sit with a "gloss" of coconut oil (and it smells heavenly!!!) - chapped lips CURED.

There were so many "good old recipes" we used in those days in Lanka.....I remember drinking the water rice was cleaned in - heated up it gave one "iron" and fortitude for anemia.  I remember boiling cardamom pods in a pan and drinking the "tea" to cure a cold.  I remember soaking fennel seeds overnight in a teapot then boiling the "fennel tea" for an upset stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment