Thursday, March 3, 2011

Intriguing! Jim Thompson disappeared!

There was an American named:
James (Jim) Harrison Wilson Thompson (born March 21, 1906 in Greenville, Delaware - unknown) was an American businessman who helped revitalize the Thai silk industry in the 1950s and 1960s. A former U.S. military intelligence officer (with the OSS, which was a forerunner of current day CIA), Thompson mysteriously disappeared from Malaysia's Cameron Highlands while going for a walk on Easter Sunday, March 26, 1967.

There have been even books publishes on HOW or WHY he disappeared, but none can prove positively how or why.

I LOVE Wikipedia because it tends to post many answers, not just one biased view.  Here's one opinion of his life and disappearance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thompson_(designer)

A book was written about his disappearance.  I have my own "theory" (and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion) - my feeling is that he might've been still carrying on covert CIA missions using Thailand as a base, and encountered plots with bordering countries (then Burma, Laos, Cambodia).  I think he "knew too much" (not necessarily that he knew too much CIA information, but knew too much information about the adversaries) was "taken out" and carried away in the "white car" to places so remote in the jungles of Malaysia that the decomposed body will NEVER, EVER be found.  I know this differs (my personal theory) greatly from a book that was written about him, but I have hunches, intuitions, feelings and that's all they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment